Monday, September 10, 2012

Home Sick Hulk Thoughts

Ultimate Spider-Man Episode 19 Home Sick Hulk aired on Disney XD on September 09th 2012. On Geekapoolza, I will be going over some brief thoughts of the episode. Talking about three things that I liked and three things I did not like about this week's episode of Ultimate Spider-Man. My thoughts after the fact are linked after the fact and more spoilers so check that out, so check that out.

Ultimate Spider-Man Episode 19 Home Sick Hulk Review

What I Liked

The little bonding between Hulk and Spidey was done rather well. Granted, it rather started out a bit shaky with some of the more gross-out moments of humor. Then again, it really did end well. It teaches a nice lesson to the children about not judging people based on what they look like but rather who they are on the inside.

Hulk confusing "ant with aunt" and Spider-Man's reaction. That was a glorious moment on this episode.

The fact the team was not in this episode. Actually, it's not the team that I have the problem with. It's freaking Nova who is rapidly reaching Smallville Lana Lang territory with me, which is not a good place to be. Still we kept it down to a light crew.

What I Didn't Like.

The implication that Peter cannot take care of a goldfish or any kind of pet. Granted, that's kind of his character in this story, where our web slinger can be a bit of an incompetent. Sometimes that's good for story telling but not always.

Some of the gross-out humor really was predictable. Of course, after nineteen episodes of this show, I know what I'm getting into.

The fact Nick Fury seems to have to learn the same lesson for about nineteen episodes straight.

So next week, Loki turns Peter Parker into Peter Porker. Looking at the preview, this episode will be kind of funny or gloriously stupid. I'll wait until I see it to judge. 


No comments: